Groundwater Quality
Groundwater Quantity

No new irrigated acres are allowed in the Central Platte Natural Resources District without offsetting other irrigated acres or an approved variance from the board of directors.

Transfer Irrigated Acres

Transfer applications are accepted from September 1 – March 1 for irrigated acres.

If you are planning to irrigate acres that are not certified with Central Platte NRD, you must offset the new acres by applying for and completing a transfer request prior to the new acres being irrigated. Producers who fail to obtain an approved transfer from the Central Platte NRD are subject to penalties.  Those planning to purchase new land are encouraged to check the certified irrigated acres of the property before making any buying decisions. The Central Platte NRD is currently transitioning to a different software company, please contact Luke or Angela.

To learn more about the transfer process call (308) 385-6282. Your CPNRD contacts: Luke Zakrzewski  or Angela Warner

Well Registration

Current Nebraska laws require that all water wells be registered with the Nebraska Department of Natural Resources (NeDNR). Exceptions to the law include test holes in existence for 10 days or less, dewatering wells with the intended use of 90 days or less, and domestic/livestock wells completed prior to Sept. 9, 1993. Water Well Contractors are responsible for filling the well registration information for newly constructed water wells with NDNR within 60 days of well completion. Well owners are responsible for registering existing wells that have not been previously registered with NDNR. Registration forms and information are available at DNR’s offices. Failure to register water wells is a Class IV misdemeanor under Nebraska law. If you have any questions about well registrations visit or contact NDNR’s main office: (402) 471-2363 or any of the field offices.

Well Permits General Forms